Highline College Students

Connect with Highline College


FAQ 2018-05-22T08:45:31+00:00

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information, visit Next Steps or Contact Us.

I applied but never attended; how do I prove that? 2017-08-30T14:36:59+00:00

Contact Registration & Records for assistance.

I’m just here for summer/a few classes. What do I do? 2018-02-06T09:55:22+00:00

If you have previously applied, do not apply again.  The Returning tab has more information.  If you are new to Highline, welcome.  You follow the same application process and checklist  as a new student.

On the tuition grid, what’s this about non-resident eligible for a waiver? 2018-07-06T13:17:20+00:00

US Citizens, US Nationals and US Permanent Residents who are not eligible for resident tuition are eligible for a waiver.  If your record is accurate and you are eligible, you do not need to do anything.  This discount (waiver) is automatically applied.  You might think of it as similar to what is commonly referred to as “out-of-state” tuition (e.g. someone who is a US Citizen who just moved from Oregon or a US National who just moved from American Samoa).

I am new and I do not know where to start. What should I do? 2017-08-10T18:20:48+00:00

First of all, welcome! We are here to assist you and will do our best to answer your questions. If you have reviewed these pages (Apply/Next Steps) and still have questions, we encourage you to email admissions@highline.edu.

Where do I get information about Financial Aid? 2017-06-19T11:54:30+00:00
Pay for College
Financial Aid
How do I remove a block from my record? 2018-07-06T13:18:32+00:00

If you get a message about a block, log in to myHighline and you will find a detailed explanation of what is going on and how to resolve it.

How do I bring in my credits I have earned at another school? 2017-10-03T10:54:44+00:00

You may want to transfer coursework from other colleges to Highline. Learn more about Transcript Evaluations.

Where do I go for placement? 2017-10-03T10:53:43+00:00

Building 1 (East Entrance). For more information about placement options, visit the Placement and Testing Center.

How do I get started with completing high school? 2016-07-11T15:47:19+00:00

Looking to finish high school? You can do it at Highline College. Visit the Finish High School Quick Start Guide.

How do I get started with ESL? 2015-06-03T17:42:50+00:00

If English is not your first language, Highline College can help you. Visit the Learn English Quick Start Guide.

How do I get started with Running Start? 2016-07-11T15:46:59+00:00

As a junior or senior in high school, you can also enroll in college-level classes (100 level or above) at Highline through the Running Start program. Visit the Running Start Quick Start Guide.

Where do I get a parking permit? 2018-07-06T13:21:30+00:00

To park on campus, you need a permit. Purchase a one-day guest parking pass from the machine in the parking lot.   You can also purchase a pass for the entire Quarter.  You can visit Cashier (Building 6, lower lobby) or purchase online from the Bookstore.

How do I reactivate my student record? 2015-05-28T16:19:45+00:00

Student records to not deactivate and so do not need to be reactivated. If you are considering returning to Highline, visit Returning Students for more information.

I am a resident. How do I update my student record? 2015-07-07T13:24:14+00:00

Residency determinations are made at the time of application and are based on the information the applicant provides. After that point, nothing automatically changes that determination. Students initiate a change by contacting the Admissions department. We strongly encourage students to email us at admissions@highline.edu from their student email account. This allows us to identify available options and the simplest route for a change request. Visit Residency Requirements page for more information.

How do I get a registration access time? 2015-10-07T14:08:26+00:00

Here are some reasons why you do not have an assigned registration time:

  • You have not taken classes at Highline in over a year. In this case, we need to set your time manually. Contact admissions@highline.edu, include your Student ID number and request an access time.
  • You have not yet earned college credit at Highline. New students register during open enrollment. See the enrollment calendar.
  • You’re early! Registration access times are assigned about two months before a quarter starts. Check back then. If you still don’t see one, email admissions@highline.edu.
When can I register for classes? 2015-09-10T15:50:40+00:00

Check the enrollment calendar for registration and tuition-related dates for this quarter as well as for upcoming quarters.

  • New college students (no credits earned at Highline) register during open enrollment. No access times are needed or assigned. New students must register for and attend a new student orientation.
  • For those who have earned or are currently earning credits at Highline, registration access dates and times are set prior to the registration period for each quarter. Once the registration access time has been set, you can look it up using Online Services. Access times are based on criteria such as number of credits earned and cannot be changed upon request. Please note, your registration access time is when you can begin to register. You can register at any point after that time; you do not have to register at that exact time.
How do I log in? 2017-10-03T10:52:29+00:00
  • Online Services uses your Student ID number and PIN
  • myHighline uses your username and password
  • Financial Aid portal uses your Social Security number (SSN) and PIN. Try your PIN with and without the leading zero in your birth month.
What is my PIN? 2018-07-06T13:22:05+00:00

Your personal identification number (PIN) is initially set as your date of birth using the MMDDYY format (2-digit month, 2-digit day and last 2-digits of the year). For example, if your date of birth is April 15, 1980, then your PIN would be 041580. Before requesting a PIN reset, we strongly encourage you to try to use your birthdate to log in. If you have already tried, then email us from your myHighline account (include your Student ID number) and we will assist you. If you need assistance accessing your myHighline account, contact IT HelpDesk at 206-592-4357.

How do I get my SID? 2018-07-06T13:23:03+00:00

Apply for admission. Your Student ID number (SID) is generated and sent to you once we have processed your application. If you have previously applied and provided your Social Security number to Highline, you should be able to retrieve your SID online. If the online tool to retrieve your SID fails to find the match, you can come in person with photo ID and we can assist you.

Where do I report a complaint or concern? 2015-06-17T21:45:40+00:00

To report a student conduct violation or complaint, visit Student Services.